Many of us start the New Year resolving to live a healthier lifestyle by being more active, eating better, and spending more time on ourselves. Unfortunately after a few months, some of us have given up on our goals and lost our motivation. If this is you, remember that if you have the desire, you have the motivation! Here are some great ways to follow through on your health and fitness resolutions:
- Set time aside to train – set alarms in your phone to remind yourself that you have an appointment with your training shoes (try an early morning workout)
- Find a fitness buddy – friends and family are a great source of motivation (so is the family dog!)
- Commit to a deadline – give yourself a specific date to reach a specific goal (example: many people are keen to achieve their goals by summer – that gives you lots of time!)
- Track your progress – keep a journal and take time to appreciate your progress (celebrate achieving your smaller goals)
- If you own a smartphone, download a health and fitness app to help keep you on track!
Make 2022 your best year yet!