Did you know experts advise choosing 1-3 meaningful goals rather than a long list of many? Goals are more likely to be attained if you make them SMARTER:
- Specific: goals need to be clear and unambiguous.
- Measurable: goals need some way to determine success – how do you know you have achieved your goals?
- Attainable: choose a goal that is challenging but not impossible.
- Relevant: set goals based on what you want to achieve, not what you think others expect of you.
- Timely: setting a time frame in which you want to achieve your goal will help hold you accountable and keep you motivated to work toward it as you near the deadline.
- Evaluation and Reflection: when you’ve reached your goal, evaluate and reflect on your success. How do you feel? Are you satisfied with your accomplishment? What now (i.e. new goals)?
We encourage everyone to include at least one fitness goal in their 2017 resolutions. Need help setting your fitness goals? Speak to your personal trainer who is always ready and willing to discuss your goals and how he or she can help you achieve them.
Learn more about how we can help you! www.bodysoul.ca