We have spent a significant amount of time developing and revising our COVID-19 Policies to ensure that we continue to keep our staff and clients safe during the pandemic.
* As of September 20, 2021, in an effort to accommodate increased demand for personal training, we will be increasing our training floor’s capacity from four to five clients. Please be assured that our trainers will continue to ensure distance is maintained between other trainers and their clients.
* As of September 13, 2021, clients will be required to show proof of their vaccination status to continue training in the studio. Clients will need to have their first dose by September 13th and their second dose by Sunday October 24th.
* As of August 1, 2021, Small Group Training sessions will be limited to a maximum of three participants.
* On Tuesday June 29th, BC’s Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Dr. Bonnie Henry announced changes to the provincial mask mandate, as well as the easing of many restrictions. These changes, which go into effect on Thursday July 1st, mean that individuals will no longer be required to wear face masks in most indoor settings, whether they are vaccinated or not. While we respect the government’s decision to ease the provincial mask mandate, we have decided that for the safety of our clients and staff, we will continue with our current mask policy for the time being.
We did not come to this decision lightly; it was made based on feedback from both staff and clients, which indicated that most of us will be more comfortable with a flexible mask policy only after more individuals have been fully vaccinated. In the coming months we will continue to monitor case counts and vaccinations, and should the positive trend in BC’s COVID-19 response continue, we will consider modifying our mask policy in September.
* On Wednesday May 25, 2021, Small Group Personal Training sessions are once again taking place indoors; however, indoor group capacity will remain at a maximum two participants for the time being.
* On Tuesday April 6, 2021, due to recent restrictions affecting indoor personal training, Body & Soul implemented the following changes:
- Locker rooms: the locker rooms will remain open; however, we will only have a single shower stall and a single toilet stall available to help enforce physical distancing.
- Arrive on time: we ask that clients arrive no more than five minutes before their session to warm-up and stay no more than 10 minutes after their session to shower and change. When possible, please try to arrive and leave in your workout attire and avoid the changerooms completely.
- Availability of cardio equipment: As per above, clients are permitted to spend 5 mins prior to their session warming up on the cardio equipment. Clients who wish to use the cardio equipment after their session are asked to speak with the front desk to ensure that studio capacity will allow for them to do so. Additionally, for clients who have an active Cardio Package, we ask that you please call the studio prior to coming in to confirm that we can accommodate you at your preferred time.
- Training sessions: the PHO is prohibiting any indoor activities that require the trainer and client to remain in close contact; therefore, exercises that require spotting (i.e. chest presses), boxing or kickboxing, or any stretches that require the trainer to physically touch the client will not be done at this time.
- Physical distancing: we will be placing floor markers (arrows) to help direct foot traffic at the front door and down each set of stairs.
- Spacing equipment: we are now required to have 2.5 metres rather than 2 metres between cardio equipment, which means that we will be moving and blocking off some equipment.
- Check-in screening: our front desk will now screen all clients before each session.
On Monday March 29, 2021, BC’s Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Dr. Bonnie Henry announced new restrictions on group fitness. These new restrictions, which went into effect at midnight, prohibit indoor group fitness for three weeks. For Body & Soul clients, this means that we will be holding our Small Group Training sessions (reduced to a maximum of two participants in November) in the training platform in our covered parkade. Clients are still invited to use the locker rooms and warm-up in the studio; however, clients will be asked to walk down to the parkade to start their session. This order also affects Partner Training sessions in which the individuals are not from the same household or a part of each other’s core bubble as defined by the PHO. This order does not affect 1-on-1 Personal Training sessions. These restrictions have been extended to May 25, 2021.
As of November 9, 2020, we have limited our group sessions to two participants maximum and will reassess group capacity in May 2021. Additionally, in accordance with the provincial mask mandate for indoor public places announced November 19, 2020, we ask that clients wear their mask while warming up on cardio machines and throughout their training session; however, clients may remove their mask to catch their breath and during water breaks.
How are we dealing with COVID-19 in the studio? See what our clients have to say about our efforts!
Video credit: Alexander Mainwaring