Body & Soul officially re-opened Monday June 15th! We are extremely excited to be back in the studio. Over the last three months, we have been working hard to develop new protocols to ensure both staff and clients stay healthy and safe once we got back together in the studio.
Sick / Unwell: Anyone (staff, client, patient) who is sick or shows any signs of being unwell is not permitted in the studio.
- Travel: Anyone (staff, client, patient) who has travelled abroad must self-isolate for 14 days before coming back to the studio.
- Sanitizing Stations: Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the studio. Please sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting and when moving from one area to another.
- Face Masks: All staff and clients will wear face masks in the studio. The only exceptions will be during sessions and warm-ups when physical distancing can be achieved. Your trainer will instruct you when you may remove your face mask as well as when you need to put it back on. This is necessary to ensure a safe and healthy training environment for all. Please bring your own mask if possible. Complimentary disposable masks will be available at the front desk, or you may purchase a reusable mask.
ENHANCED SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Plexiglass: Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the front desk to enable safer interactions with staff.
- Fans: Fans will not be used on the training floor for the time being.
- Payments: For the time being, we will only be accepting credit or debit cards for payment – no cash.
ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOLS
Cardio Equipment: Will be cleaned after each use, typically by front desk staff. Please leave a towel on a machine after using it to indicate it is ready to be cleaned. Cleaning supplies will be available for clients who wish to give the cardio equipment additional cleaning before/after use.
- Weight Training Equipment: Will be cleaned after each use, typically by your trainer. Any small equipment which can not be cleaned immediately after use will be placed in the new “to-be-cleaned” bin.
- Cleaning Time: Trainers will do their best to clean all equipment as it is used. However, if this is not possible, they may end your session a few minutes early to ensure all equipment has been cleaned prior to the next client.
- Additional Used Towel Bins: Are available throughout the training floor.
- UVC Lights: Did you know UVC light is germicidal (kills germs)? We have purchased UVC lights and they will be used to sanitize the accessible washroom, locker rooms and treatment rooms. A handheld UVC light will be used to sanitize office equipment and the POS machine.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS
- Please arrive no more than 20 minutes before your session and stay no more than 20 minutes after your session. If possible, arrive in workout clothes to minimize time in the locker rooms.
- For the time being, there will be a maximum of four clients on the main training floor at a time.
- Some cardio equipment has been removed and the remaining equipment spread out to provide space in the cardio area.
- Please do not bring family and/or friends to the studio.
- The coffee bar is currently closed. Snack bars are available upon request from the front desk.
- Client water bottles will be cleaned in studio using our dishwasher. To reduce congestion, water bottles will be at the front desk when you arrive.
- Trainers will primarily instruct clients with verbal cues. They will come within 6 feet only to spot and assist with corrections if needed. They will assist with stretching only if the client is unable to stretch without assistance (towels will be used to limit direct contact).
- Trainers will choose an area in the studio to train their client using portable/small equipment (i.e. bands, dumbbells) as much as possible. This will not prevent clients from using bigger pieces of equipment.
- Speak with the front desk or your trainer about outdoor workouts.
- Showers: To limit the number of people in the studio, showers will be closed for the time being. We hope to open at least one shower in each locker room in the coming weeks or months.
- Lockers: Several lockers will be locked to promote physical distancing. Please leave lockers open after use to indicate they need to be cleaned (lockers, locks, and keys).
- Toilet Stalls: A single stall will be available in each locker room to ensure physical distancing is maintained. The accessible washroom (near the front desk) will also be available.
- Doors: Locker room doors will remain open to reduce unintended “collisions.”
Small Group Personal Training (SGPT):
- SGPT sessions will have maximum three clients and will take place in the multi-purpose room. We have added more sessions to maintain SGPT capacity.
- Programs will be structured so that clients complete the same exercises sequentially rather than doing circuits (to avoid multiple people touching the same equipment without it being cleaned in between).