Often overlooked, stretching is one of the five components of fitness. Stretching can help posture, stress, mechanical efficiency and overall functional performance. Stretches are either dynamic (involve motion) or static (involve no motion).
At the start of your session, personal training session at Body & Soul Health and Fitness, your trainer will take you through some dynamic stretching and warm-up movements to help prevent injuries and prepare the body for work. At the end of your workout, your trainer will help stretch out your body to reduce post workout stiffness.
Your level of flexibility depends on your ability to bend and contort without pain or risking injury. Flexible joints greatly decrease your risk of injury and help enhance your athletic performance. It may seem like the last thing you want to do after an intense workout — but it is extremely important that you take time to stretch!
Personal Training is a fun and effective way for any child to keep active. With Personal Training, you can expect the following:
- Improve sports performance: increase strength and endurance, giving them a better chance of making the team or becoming the MVP!
- Increase confidence: achieving health and fitness goals will help give children the confidence they need to excel in all aspects of their school experience.
- Identify personal needs: children don’t all have the same needs and few activities can be tailored to suit all children’s needs — our trainers will develop a program designed to meet their specific needs and goals.
- Get individual guidance and motivation: not all children (or adults for that matter) enjoy team sports or being in a competitive environment with their peers. Personal training provides a one-on-one workout with only a personal motivator (their trainer) to impress.
- Reduce their chance of becoming an overweight adult: helping children develop healthy habits gives them a much greater chance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle in their teens and into adulthood.
Call 604-224-BODY to book your child for a consultation today!
Consultations give individuals interested in improving their health and fitness an opportunity to sit down with one of our personal trainers to have their questions answered and discuss their options for training.
Click here for more information on Body & Soul consultations.
“Warm ups are used to prepare your body for exercise. Using low impact, repetitive motions throughout the entire body helps stimulate the production synovial fluid in the joints, which is the body’s natural lubrication and shock absorber. The older we get, the more necessary it is to stimulate our bodies through movement, as the natural production of synovial fluid slows dramatically. Not doing warm ups can make you more prone to injuries at the gym, especially if you plan to perform compound and highly technical movements. Faster movements during the warm up will also help get your heart rate up and get oxygen flowing to your muscles as they start to work.
Clients who train early in the morning, or those who work sedentary jobs, are especially in need of specific warm ups because their bodies have been mostly at rest for an extended period of time.”