Medical Services Plan (MSP) Coverage
Patients on MSP’s Premium Assistance are eligible to be reimbursed $23 per treatment. Treatment fees must be paid in full at the time of treatment, after which patient’s can file claims with MSP to be reimbursed.
Patients on MSP’s Premium Assistance are entitled to a total of 10 visits per year to specialists including RMTs, Chiropractors, Physiotherapists or Naturopaths.
Many personal extended medical plans include coverage for massage therapy treatment. Please consult your carrier in order to determine the exact nature of your coverage. Other common insurance carriers include ICBC, WCB, DVA and RCMP.
We encourage you to review your plan to see if you are covered. Speak with our Front Desk, or call 604-224-BODY, for more information about RMT and to learn about our RMT’s availability.
Did you know? Cardiovascular training is one of the most health beneficial types of training.
According to the American College of Sports Medicine, cardiovascular exercise is any activity that increases the heart rate and respiration while using large muscle groups repetitively and rhythmically. At the gym it can include running on the treadmill, rowing on the rower, cycling on the bike and other aerobic and anaerobic exercise.
The World Health Organization gives out the following recommendations for adults between the ages of 18 and 64 (unless specific medical conditions indicate to the contrary):
- Adults should do at least 150-300 minutes of moderate intensity aerobic physical activity throughout the week, approximately 30-60 minutes a day, more than three times a week.
- Alternatively, 75-150 minutes of vigorous exercise are recommended per week, equaling 15-30 minutes a day, more than three times a week.
What are you waiting for?
Often overlooked, stretching is one of the five components of fitness. Stretching can help posture, stress, mechanical efficiency and overall functional performance. Stretches are either dynamic (involve motion) or static (involve no motion).
At the start of your session, personal training session at Body & Soul Health and Fitness, your trainer will take you through some dynamic stretching and warm-up movements to help prevent injuries and prepare the body for work. At the end of your workout, your trainer will help stretch out your body to reduce post workout stiffness.
Your level of flexibility depends on your ability to bend and contort without pain or risking injury. Flexible joints greatly decrease your risk of injury and help enhance your athletic performance. It may seem like the last thing you want to do after an intense workout — but it is extremely important that you take time to stretch!
Personal Training is a fun and effective way for any child to keep active. With Personal Training, you can expect the following:
- Improve sports performance: increase strength and endurance, giving them a better chance of making the team or becoming the MVP!
- Increase confidence: achieving health and fitness goals will help give children the confidence they need to excel in all aspects of their school experience.
- Identify personal needs: children don’t all have the same needs and few activities can be tailored to suit all children’s needs — our trainers will develop a program designed to meet their specific needs and goals.
- Get individual guidance and motivation: not all children (or adults for that matter) enjoy team sports or being in a competitive environment with their peers. Personal training provides a one-on-one workout with only a personal motivator (their trainer) to impress.
- Reduce their chance of becoming an overweight adult: helping children develop healthy habits gives them a much greater chance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle in their teens and into adulthood.
Call 604-224-BODY to book your child for a consultation today!
Consultations give individuals interested in improving their health and fitness an opportunity to sit down with one of our personal trainers to have their questions answered and discuss their options for training.
Click here for more information on Body & Soul consultations.