The January issue of our monthly e-newsletter – The Fitness File – came out this week! This issue covers the following:
- stress and your body
- fitness tip: 1, 2, 3 –> burpee!
- nutrition tip: more fruits and veggies
- club news: welcome back, holiday charity, new year – new you and referral program
- staff spotlight: Stephen Paget (Assistant Head Trainer)
- Q&A: what can I do to manage my back pain?
Check it out here.
Make 2019 your best year yet! Learn more about Body & Soul’s Small Group Personal Training. Similar benefits to 1-on-1 training, at reduced rates!
Setting resolutions in the New Year is easy – sticking to them is not! Following are some tips to help keep you on track!
- Be active AND eat healthy. In order to excel in your health and fitness goals, you need to commit your time and energy to both active living and healthy eating. The two go hand-in-hand; a poor quality diet will likely result in a less active lifestyle.
- Start slow. If you push too hard too soon with – let’s say – your fitness goals, you are at a greater risk of injury. Additionally, if you jump right into a diet without considering your lifestyle or nutritional needs you are not likely going to stick with it long enough to see results.
- Listen to the experts. For some people, their resolution is so alien to them that they don’t know how or where to begin, what they can or shouldn’t do, etc. In the case of fitness, people often think that weight loss means only doing cardio, or that they can skip the cool-down and stretch component of their workout. If you are new to training, it is important to consult an expert to ensure you begin a program that is both safe and effective. Set yourself up for success!
- Hold yourself accountable. Achieving any goal depends greatly on your ability to commit yourself and hold yourself accountable. One great way to ensure you stay on track is by keeping a fitness and nutrition journal.
We will be collecting items for Ronald McDonald House BC until this Saturday! See in-studio posters for more information!