Many of us start the New Year resolving to live a healthier lifestyle by being more active, eating better, and spending more time on ourselves. Unfortunately after a few months, some of us have given up on our goals and lost our motivation. If this is you, remember that if you have the desire, you have the motivation! Here are some great ways to follow through on your health and fitness resolutions:
- Set time aside to train – set alarms in your phone to remind yourself that you have an appointment with your training shoes (try an early morning workout)
- Find a fitness buddy – friends and family are a great source of motivation (so is the family dog!)
- Commit to a deadline – give yourself a specific date to reach a specific goal (example: many people are keen to achieve their goals by summer – that gives you lots of time!)
- Track your progress – keep a journal and take time to appreciate your progress (celebrate achieving your smaller goals)
- If you own a smartphone, download a health and fitness app to help keep you on track!
Make 2022 your best year yet!
With travel being restricted over the last (nearly) two years, few people have had to consider keeping up with their exercise program while away from home. As people begin to travel again, we wanted to share some tips for keeping active while on the go!
- Consistency: If possible, try exercising at the same time every day (or every other day), and consider doing so around the same time you would normally be in the studio.
- Pack bands: Resistance bands are an incredibly versatile (and inexpensive) piece of equipment as they can be used in conjunction with several standard exercises, may be used to compliment your stretchesand are a great training tool when travelling! Some of our favourite exercises to do with bands include: bent-over rows, dead bugs, and standing bicep curls. Jump on the ‘band’ wagon!
- Research: If you’re staying at a hotel, be sure to check out the website to see if they have a gym or exercise room for visitors.
- Take caution with the heat: If you plan to exercise outdoors, an early morning or late evening workout will help you avoid peak heat times.
- Get a Program to Go: Exercise on your own with a program created by your trainer (using the Trainer+ app) – talk to our Front Desk for more information.
The December issue of our monthly e-newsletter – The Fitness File – is available now! This issue covers the following:
- functional fitness
- fitness tip: plank progressions
- nutrition tip: focus on maintenance, not loss
- club news: holiday closure, holiday charity, holiday home workout program, and refer & receive
- staff spotlight: Angela Longstaffe (Owner & CEO)
- studio Q&A: Is there a way to shovel snow that won’t hurt my back?
Check it out here.
Back by popular demand!
Clients will be given an allowance of $5 Body & Soul dollars to donate to one (or all) of five pre-selected local charities.
- BC SCPA
- Rare Disease Foundation
- Ronald McDonald House
- Vancouver Rape & Relief Women’s Shelter
- Covenant House
Body & Soul will donate the total amount to each charity on behalf of our clients!
#bodyandsoulvancouver #vancity #fitness #gym #workout #fit #fitnessmotivation #motivation #training #health #lifestyle #healthy #healthylifestyle #gymlife #personaltrainer #exercise #follow #instagram #muscle #weightloss #gymmotivation #life #instafit #gains #workit #kitsilano #pointgrey
We ❤️ our clients! Until December 11th, Body & Soul clients have a chance to win one of five incredible prizes!
-> TWO nights in one of the Superior Rooms at the incredible Rosewood Hotel Georgia + Breakfast for two each morning and a couple’s 60-minute massage + parking. ~ Value of $1,799. Generously donated by the incredible team at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia!
-> 10 Personal Training sessions ~ Value of $870
-> $270 Gift Cards for Cineplex Cinemas
-> $200 Gift Certificate for Fiore Famiglia
-> $ 75 Gift Card for Eliane’s Hair and Spa + La Biosthetique shampoo and conditioner
Enter to win each time you are in the studio. Event ends Saturday December 11th.