(604) 569-2888 contact@bodysoul.ca

Believe it or not, cheat meals can help with weight loss!

Having one cheat meal a week can boost your metabolism and replenish glycogen for energy. Additionally, having one cheat meal a week can help prevent you from binging. If you completely restrict yourself from your favourite foods, chances are that you’ll give in and binge once you finally ‘reward’ yourself. If you follow the 80/20 rule, results will still show – i.e. if you stay on track 80% of the time with your food choices and training, you can afford to be flexible with the other 20% (i.e. enjoy your cheat meal without feeling guilty!).

A cheat meal is also a great motivator to keep you on track and focused with your nutrition knowing you have a ‘treat’ coming up.

Subscribe to The Fitness File

 

The Fitness File is Body & Soul’s monthly community newsletter. Filled with health, exercise and nutrition tips, as well as the latest events, special offers and news from Body & Soul, you don’t want to miss an issue!

You have Successfully Subscribed!