BC’s Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Dr. Bonnie Henry recently introduced new restrictions regarding indoor personal training. See the order here.
As a result of the stringent measures we already have in place, the new restrictions will have a minimal impact on personal training clients at Body & Soul. However, please note the following changes, which are required to ensure that we may remain open and serving you, our clients:
- Locker rooms: the locker rooms will remain open; however, we will only have a single shower stall and a single toilet stall available to help enforce physical distancing.
- Arrive on time: we ask that clients arrive no more than five minutes before their session to warm-up and stay no more than 10 minutes after their session to shower and change. When possible, please try to arrive and leave in your workout attire and avoid the changerooms completely.
- Availability of cardio equipment: As per above, clients are permitted to spend 5 mins prior to their session warming up on the cardio equipment. Clients who wish to use the cardio equipment after their session are asked to speak with the front desk to ensure that studio capacity will allow for them to do so. Additionally, for clients who have an active Cardio Package, we ask that you please call the studio prior to coming in to confirm that we can accommodate you at your preferred time.
- Training sessions: the PHO is prohibiting any indoor activities that require the trainer and client to remain in close contact; therefore, exercises that require spotting (i.e. chest presses), boxing or kickboxing, or any stretches that require the trainer to physically touch the client will not be done at this time.
- Physical distancing: we will be placing floor markers (arrows) to help direct foot traffic at the front door and down each set of stairs.
- Spacing equipment: we are now required to have 2.5 metres rather than 2 metres between cardio equipment, which means that we will be moving and blocking off some equipment.
- Check-in screening: our front desk will now screen all clients before each session.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. On behalf of Body & Soul, we want to thank you for your continued support and loyalty.
#COVID19 #vancity #bekindbecalmbesafe #bodyandsoulvancouver #kitsilano #pointgrey #fitness #practicesafefitness